InFACT seeks to improve the care of acutely ill patients around the world through high quality clinical research into the causes, prevention, and management of acute, life-threatening illness.
The mission of the International Forum for Acute Care Trialists is to facilitate collaboration and cooperation between Clinical Trials Networks to:
- Advance an understanding of the global epidemiology, natural history, prevention, and optimal management of life-threatening acute illness
- Enable high quality global collaborative investigator-led clinical research involving acutely ill patients
- Develop valid study metrics for the description of illness and the measurement of outcomes, and harmonize data elements across clinical trials
- Support local research education and mentorship activities through international exchanges and other co-operative educational activities
- Facilitate the establishment of new national or regional investigator-led clinical trials groups in critical care
- Enhance the profile of acute critical illness with the public, and with regulatory and granting agencies.